The Thursday Thief

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

The Thursday Thief

Mensaje  josemanuel10 el Vie Mayo 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Page 2
Crash! ´Oh no´ says Charlie. ´I must get a robot to clean my room´
Charlie has too many things in his room. A lot of them are on the bed - some books, his bat, his ball, a boat. And now Charlie can't find his binoculars. He wants to look at the postman through the window. He thinks the postman is a spy.
Page 3
´The postman has a very big bag and I think there´s a radio in it. And perhaps his pen is a gun. I must find my binoculars´, Charlie says.
Charlie is always watching people and listenning to them. And he is always thinking strange things. Sometimes he tells the police and they laugh at him.

josemanuel10

Re: The Thursday Thief

Mensaje  josemanuel10 el Dom Mayo 22, 2011 9:57 am

Page 4
Charlie´s home is in a tall building. From his window he can see far away. He likes looking out of his window. With his binoculars he can see a lot of other buildings and some hills.
Charlie thinks that the hills are a thousand miles away, but he wants to go and walk in them one day.
Page 5
A lot of other people live in the building. A man called Mr Smith lives upstairs. Charlie thinks that he is a forger and makes money - twenty pound notes - in his room. Next door to Charlie lives a woman called Miss Mitchell. Charlie thinks that she takes things from shops and doesn´t pay. He writes all this down in a book.
Charlie´s mum is a teacher and his dad works in a shop. But Charlie wants to be a detective.

josemanuel10

Mensaje  Rafa Romero Palma el Jue Mayo 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Page 6
Charlie is very excited because of a robbery in his building. The police are talking to an old woman called Mrs Archer who lives downstairs. She cannot find her necklace.
'Where do you keep your necklace?' ask Inspector Potts

Page 7
'In this box,' says Mrs Archer. She shows the policeman a box.
'But there's nothing in there now. There are some other things taht I can't find, too.'
'Are you sure? Are you things somewhere else? Perhaps you can't remember' says Inspector Potts.
Mrs Archer is very unhappy. 'My necklace is always in this box. I never take it out,' she says.
Charlie is near Mrs Archer's door and he listens to the Inspector talking to her. He wants to find the thieves. 'Can I hel you, Inspector?' he says to the policeman.
'Hello, Charlie,' Inspector Potts laughs. 'I don't think you can help today. How is your forger?'

Very Happy

Rafa Romero Palma

Mensaje  josemanuel10 el Jue Mayo 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Page 8
Two robots walk past Charlie. They are cleaners and they come every week to clean the building. Charlie looks at them. ´That´s strange´, he thinks.
´Robot Jim! Why are you on this floor? You usually clean floor 5!´
He helps the robot get in the lift and pushes the button to close the lift doors.
´Do you have a family?´ Inspector Potts asks Mrs Archer.
´Yes, a son. He´s called Bill´, she answers.
´Does Bill live at Wellington Mansions?´
´No, he doesn´t live here but he comes to see me every morning. He´s a good boy´, says Mrs Archer.
Inspector Potts writes it all in his book. ´Do other people come to see you?´ he says.
Mrs Archer says ´Only the meter man. He always comes on Thursday´.
´Today´s Thursday´, says Inspector Potts.
´Is this his card?´ He looks at a card on the table.
´Yes´, says Mrs Archer. ´See, it says Thursday 16th. That´s today´.
´We must talk to the meter man´, says Inspector Potts to Mrs Archer. ´We know where he lives because it´s on his card. I think he has your necklace´. The policeman looks at a map. He wants to find the meter man´s house.

josemanuel10

Mensaje  Rafa Romero Palma el Vie Mayo 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Page 10
Now there are a lot of people near Mrs Archer's door. They all live in Wellington Mansions. They ask Charlie what's happening. 'It's a robbery', he says happily. 'Isn't it exciting? Mrs Archer can't find her necklace'
'Mrs Archer never remember things', says a small woman in a white dress. 'Sometimes she walks her dog and forgets to bring it back. I don't think this is a robbery.'
'No, wait,' says another woman with long hair. 'I think perhaps there is a thief in the building. There are a lot of things I can't find -my watch, my little TV, my beautiful old clock-'
'And my wallet!' says a tall man.
'And my medal!' says an old man with white hair.

Page 11
'Wait!' says Charlie. 'Does the meter man read your meter on Thursday?'
'No. Never. He comes on Friday,' says the tall man
'It says Wednesday in my diary,' says the woman with long hair. 'Look.'
Charlie looks in the diary. Today is Thursday 16th. He reads more of the diary. He reads what it says for Thursday 9th. Very interesting,' he thinks.

Very Happy Evil or Very Mad I love you

Rafa Romero Palma

Mensaje  josemanuel10 el Dom Mayo 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Page 12
Charlie says goodbye to the other people and gets in the lift to go back upstairs. He is thinking.
´Lost of people lose things on Thursday. But the meter man visits the woman with long hair on Wednesdays and he visits the old man on Fridays. The meter man can´t be the thief ´, thinks Charlie. ´The thief´s here on Thursdays - today. Perhaps the thief´s in the building now!´
The lift stops and Charlie gets out on Floor 5. A robot gets in the other lift and the doors begin to close.

josemanuel10

Mensaje  josemanuel10 el Lun Mayo 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Page 13
´Stop´, shouts Charlie. The lift doors open again. ´Is my room clean now?... Wait a minute. You are the wrong robot. You are the Floor 3 robot. Why are you on Floor 5?´ he asks.
Suddenly the doors close and the robot goes down in the lift .
´The robots are very strange today ... Wait! That´s it! It know who the thief is!´ shouts Charlie. He runs down the stairs.

josemanuel10

Mensaje  josemanuel10 el Mar Mayo 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Page 14
Charlie runs to Mrs Archer´s flat. The police are there, asking the old lady more questions.
Page 15
´What is it Charlie?´ says Inspector Potts. ´We don´t want any help, thank you. We know who the thief is, don´t we Mrs Archer?´
´But the meter man´s so nice-´ says Mrs Archer.
´It isn´t the meter man´, says Charlie. ´He comes on a lot of different days. Sometimes he comes on Wednesdays and Fridays, but the robberies only happen on Thursdays. I think it´s the cleaning robots because they only come on Thursdays. They´re doing the robberies for somebody´.
´Charlie, I have a lot to do today and I don´t have time for your stories. Now, where´s my radio?´ says Inspector Potts angrily.

josemanuel10

Mensaje  Rafa Romero Palma el Miér Jun 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Page 16
Downstairs, the robot leaves the building. There is a red van by th side of the road and the robot walks over to it. The doors of the van open and a man gets out.
'Good!' says the man to the robot. He lifts the robot into the van and says happily: This one feels fat, George.' He gets into the van laughing, and closes the doors gehind him.

Rafa Romero Palma

Mensaje  Rafa Romero Palma el Miér Jun 01, 2011 2:19 pm

George is sitting on the floor of the van and opening up the robot with a screwdriver. In the robot's body there are a lot of things. There are rings, keys and some money- and Mrs Archer's necklace.
George finds the necklace and laughs 'Ha, ha. We're rich, Stan.
Very rich!' Stan smiles and George puts his arms around the robot, 'Ha, ha,' he laughs again. The robot beeps at him.
Very Happy
Evil or Very Mad
lol!

Rafa Romero Palma

Mensaje  Rafa Romero Palma el Miér Jun 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Page 18
Charlie is upstairs in the building. He is very unhappy because he knows the robot is the thief, but Inspector Potts doesn't want to kisten to him. He looks out of the window and sees the robot getting into the van. 'Okay. Let's see who's right,' he says.
Charlie runs downstairs and out of the building. He crosses the road to the van and looks through the window very carefully. He sees George, Stan- and the robot. And he sees Mrs Archer's necklace and lots of rings.
Very Happy
Razz
Evil or Very Mad

Rafa Romero Palma

Mensaje  Rafa Romero Palma el Jue Jun 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Page 19
As fast as he can, Charlie runs back to Mrs Archer's flat. The police are leaving. Charlie says:'They're dowstairs. They are two men in a white van. They have the robot. Mrs Archer's necklace is in the robot. And her rings.'
'Oh yes,' says Mrs Archer. 'My rings, too. I remember now.'
'Come on,' says Inspector Potts. 'This time I think that you're right, Charlie.'

Page 20
Charlie and the police run to the van. Inspector Potts opens the doors. George and Stan are in the van and they are talking alll things out of the robot. 'What the...?' says George.
'Look there's Mrs Archer's necklace,' says Inspector Potts.
'Take these two away, men.' The other policeman take George and Stan to a police car. 'Don't forget the robot,' says Charlie.

Page 21
'Well, Charlie, I'm sorry. You are right this time,' says Inspector Potts.
'I'm right about Mr Smith, too. I know he is a forger. There he is now! That 50 (libras) note looks strange to me.'
'I don't think so Charlie,' laughs Inspentor Potts.

THE END Very Happy

Rafa Romero Palma

Mensaje  Rafa Romero Palma el Miér Jun 08, 2011 10:49 am

Maestra este libro me ha gustado mucho y mientras que he ido cpoiando lo he ido traduciendo y está chulisimo. study
cheers
@ Twisted Evil Very Happy

Rafa Romero Palma

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado Hoy a las 8:32 am

Contenido patrocinado

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba